If you’re looking for a kid-friendly dentist in One Dental Care in Billerica, visit us! Pediatric dentistry serves the oral health needs of those people aged two months through 17 years. Our dentists are trained in behavioral techniques to help young patients feel more at ease with dental procedures. Sometimes a children’s dentist can be ideal for special needs patients of any age.
Your child’s dentist at One Dental Care makes sure that the care your child receives is effective, safe, and as free from discomfort as possible. A pediatric dentist:
- Repairs dental injuries, including fractured, displaced, broken and knocked out teeth
- Performs X-rays to make sure your child’s teeth are coming in with proper spacing and alignment
- Treats injuries to baby teeth
- Fills cavities
- Makes recommendations for orthodontic care if necessary
- Makes mouthguards for school-aged kids
- Diagnoses oral disease
- Teaches kids good oral health practices, like how to brush and floss correctly
- Interprets x-rays and tests
- Tracks development of jaws and teeth
- Applies fluoride varnish and gel for fluoride treatments
- Makes referrals to orthodontists or oral surgeons as necessary
Children’s dentists know how to help children get through their fear of dental procedures. They’re skilled behavioral techniques that alleviate and reduce anxiety and fear.Dentists consider a patient’s needs, their maturity, and your preferences. Two primary techniques include
- The “tell-show-do” method that tells the child, in simple language they can understand, what’s going to happen. Then, your pediatric dentist will show the child on models, picture books, or posters, exactly what the procedure involves. The procedure is then carried out.
- Positive reinforcement is used to praise kids for appropriate behavior.
- Dentists are trained in the use of their voice and behaviors to reassure their young patients.
Going to the dentist doesn’t have to be scary. You can trust your kids to us at One Dental Care in Billerica. When you look for a kid-friendly dentist in Billerica, think of us at One Dental Care.